OUR HOMESTEADING JOURNEY

For our family and friends that wish to follow our adventure in turning our piece of property into a home for our children. Homesteading adventures, parenting adventures, and all around family fun.


Saturday, November 17, 2012

Phase 1 COMPLETE!

 
OLD MOBILE OUT
 
 
 
 
We are pretty much at our wits end and tired of 'camping' in the yard... so having progress today helped tremendously.  And just in time.  The rains have began and will not stop at all this next week. 
 
We are told that beginning Monday, things will start happening at a very fast rate.   Forgive my skepticism, I will wait and see...
 
 
Ran by remote control... pretty awesome!
 
 
Locking and Loading...
 
 
And away she goes....
 
 
 
Going past they hay barn and rabbitry...
 
 
And out onto the main road...
 
 
 
One flagger...
 
 
Ready to be hooked up and hauled off....
 
 
Loading the remote control toy for big boyz!  Russ wants one.  I am not sure what he would use it for except to move our new house periodically just to 'play'.... but he sure like the remote control hauler...
 
 
Locked... Loaded... and GOODBYE!  :):):)
 
 
Our housing now...
 
 
Gotta love the great outdoors right???  And my makeshift kitchen below....
 


Isn't that what the tops of recycling cans are for?  And old wood boxes?  It was all good until the rains settled in... now I am going to have to get a table set up inside the shop... in the 2 ft I have left... its packed with all our worldly belongings... beds, dressers, washer and dryer... table and chairs... and of course... boxes! 
 
 
 
Its just too much... this is how we found them in the travel trailer... too tired to even make it to their bunks last night...
 
 
As you can see we need some more space... so this is pretty exciting to get Phase One complete! 
 
Next is what is left... and what we have to clean up so we can move on to phase 2. 
 
 
 
 
No wonder it smelled so bad.  The previous owners let everything free range from their poultry to their swine to thier beloved goats... inside and outside that old mobile... I wish I could pass along the smell!  I am ever so happy to finally get this part of the property cleaned up. 
 
 
 
And above is the deck that leads to nowhere... except the burn pile... :):):)  To end this rather long post... I have a question for those of you who may know.  I have meant to figure out what kind of
tree (s) we have up towards the front of the property and I just never timed it right.  Well today...  I found these...
 
 
 
This is the tree (s)... I thought we just had a conversation about some sort of pear... but my poor brain cant remember anything...  Someone should enlighten me as to what they are again...
 
I DID try to upload a video of them hauling it out, but it didn't load.... I am sure its operator error.. I will try again later.  We have spent the afternoon at friends getting laundry done and using their Internet...lol  Until next time...  Happy Homesteading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: