OUR HOMESTEADING JOURNEY

For our family and friends that wish to follow our adventure in turning our piece of property into a home for our children. Homesteading adventures, parenting adventures, and all around family fun.


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Papers signed...escrow closed

Well today was another big step, with closing papers signed and closings costs complete.  Tonight Heather has her Broadway Concert, so we are cramming dinner and getting ready for that...  I hope to help the owners get packed up in the next few days to help them meet their goal of being gone by Wed the 3rd.  Alot to get accomplished, but I think with the help of everyone, it will be. 
Yesterday I dug up all the fruit trees and have them ready to plant over there as soon as the weather clears and Russ and I decide where the new orchard will be.  I also took over a load of herbs to get the herb garden ready once we decide where its going to go.  lol  Thank goodness we had lots of pots!
I'll try to take pics tomorrow... the travel trailer is there awaiting our arrival.  I know my older kids will probably hate me forever making them stay in the travel trailer for 4-6 weeks in the winter.  That's my guesstimate of how long it will take to get the trailer ready for us.  
Hopefully I can get measurements of rooms in the trailer tomorrow and get the rabbits hung in the pole barn there.  A friend is coming on Sunday to dismantle the rabbitry.  Other friends will be here Sa to dismantle the chicken coops.  Lets hope the weather isn't as wet as it has been today, and we meet our goals throughout this upcoming weekend.  
Should be an eventful night watching our up and coming singers perform.  I think we need the distraction with so much on our plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment