OUR HOMESTEADING JOURNEY

For our family and friends that wish to follow our adventure in turning our piece of property into a home for our children. Homesteading adventures, parenting adventures, and all around family fun.


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Looking like a HOME!!!

 
So I'm a loser.  I haven't posted in weeks and weeks.  I came down with a cold that turned into a horrid sinus infection for weeks when we first moved in.  That finally subsided but I am having a terrible winter with the Fibromyalgia rearing its head and letting me know it hasn't gone anywhere permantly and its still around to make me feel completely useless!  But here is where the house is so far.  Still tons of boxes and more projects than I have time to post about tonight, but soon. 
 
 
This is the front living room.  Its open and is inclusive with the dining room and Kitchen. 
 
 
Which were broke in by our friends and neighbors for an impromptu Anniversary party for Russ and I.  We hit 12 years on the 14th of January.  It was a wonderful day and I will have to get the pictures of the kids skit they performed for us.  It was about David and Goliath.  The Goliath like problems that have been hurled at Russ and I.  And yet we as a couple each time have slung rocks at Goliaths head and conquered the evil ( overcome these enormous problems) with Jehovah's help just like David ( aka Miranda).  I'll post it in its own post...
 
 
 
My Mer and Heather... sitting at the bar...
 
 
The kitchen is definitely smaller than we had hoped... but I have some really neat things I am doing to it to free up space in cupboards.  The few that we have...lol  That's another post for another day though...
 
 
The hallway off the dining room.  to the left are bedrooms for the kids.  Two of them.  They are small, but serve their purpose.  We are still digging out of boxes so things are far from decorated.  Lol...  But its nice to hear the pitter patter of running toddlers down the hall...  On the right is the bathroom for the kids and the pantry...  It opens into the play room or the family room.  The main living area.  :) 

 
We left the rest of the sectional out in the shop until we can find a sleeper sofa that we like... on craigslist, like everything else we own....lol  but this is half of the playroom...
 
 
And this is the other half... lol  Still hunting for more bookshelves, there is very little 'storage'...so we are looking at many options... all requiring recycling, or 'used' to be fixed up... 
 
Tomorrow I am taking an old shelf from the old mobile I am glad I kept.  The little girls and I are going to sand it down, and repaint it 'raspberry glitter'... should be fun.  And will add some color to their room and match the 'poodle curtains' we put in there.  I'll take an after picture in a couple of days to show the progress. 
 
 
We're kinda into owls right now... lol  as you can see by their bathroom as well as their bedding. 
 
 
Fun... although Miranda is counting down the days until 'she' thinks Bub will move out and she can have her 'own' room.  LOL... She told me tonight it will be decorated in a forest theme so she can have deer and wolves and squirrels and trees... Ahhh to be 8 again with no worries in the world but what kind of neat stickers you can find for your walls on Ebay. 
 
Bub's room is all bed... but it works for him, he's a big boy and a twin bed was no longer really cutting it.  I think he has finally decided to go with Black again, so I am on the hunt for new bedding...
 
 
Our room is still a catch all, some things will just never change...lol 
 
 
and our bathroom...
 
 
 
So its taken two hours to upload these few pictures...I thought about getting the rest from Russ computer, but that too will have to wait.  I am wiped and its a school night which means I have a few hours of sleep to try and get.  I WILL do better Mom in getting pictures on here.  I have been taking them... when I'm not sick or out of town or... in the garden, or pruning the fruit trees, or couponing... hehehe... Good night...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment