OUR HOMESTEADING JOURNEY

For our family and friends that wish to follow our adventure in turning our piece of property into a home for our children. Homesteading adventures, parenting adventures, and all around family fun.


Friday, February 1, 2013

GIRL TIME and random thoughts...

Rag curls...

So in the age of going green and being frugal is 'in'... the girls and I decided to jump in and play a little...  Russ caught us or I would NEVER have taken pictures.. especially of myself... as I am about as photogenic as... mud!  I retract that... I have good pictures of mud...  so... garbage?
 


Our other Monday night fun time... is clipping coupons for shopping on Tuesday... we live 40 minutes from the nearest Safeway or Albertsons... or Fredmeyer... so we shop all the ads for what we need and clip away at our costs.. Lola gets the front page or the comics... and scissors...  she loves it...
 

 
 
They are growing so fast...
 
 
And I hope you weren't expecting an after picture.  Lola tore hers out within  hours.  Miranda right before bed decided she wasn't going to sleep with them in and have curly hair for school...we would have to do another trial run on a Friday night when no one will see her on Saturday.  And come morning... Russ and I ran into Grants Pass and I never thought to take a picture of my ringlets.. maybe next time... lol 
 
 
goofballs...
 
 
naptime... 
 
 
our burn piles... lol
 
 
she loves napping in the play room.  The couch wasn't even in yet, and she crawls up into the chair and sleeps.  She sleeps like that in the car too, with her hand propping her face up. 
 
 
This says it all.... we are still trailer trash... a cardboard pathway through the mud to the shop where all our worldly possessions are getting damp, wet from leeks in the roof, forgotten because we have lived so long without them, do we need them anyway?  Rebel is guarding... the ducks?  His food dish in the corner there?  Or maybe he is chuckling at the little one that is almost at the top of the stairs... in any account... that about wraps it up for me tonight... WhooHoo... tomorrow is Friday so we will have a couple of days with the kids being home... :):)  and if I remember right... one LAST football game to deal with...  FINALLY! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment